Hear ye, hear ye! Brains on Fire is on the hunt for a qualified Graphic Designer to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a creative powerhouse with the ability to keep multiple plates spinning at the same time. Here’s a peek at what you can expect your design days to look like at BOF:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creatively solve (in a team atmosphere) communication problems for the world.
- Develop concepts and execute design to the satisfaction of Brains On Fire and clients alike.
- Creating designs (print & digital), logos, illustrations, layouts and storyboards, etc. as needed.
- Creating and executing designs based on current client artwork and identity standards
- Creating mechanical artwork, to required specs, and coordinate with appropriate vendors as needed (photographers, service bureaus, illustrators, printers, web developers, app developers, etc.).
- Providing specs and input/request production estimates from vendors.
- Preparing comps for client presentations.
- Assisting in the coordination of photo sessions, as needed.
- Managing art files for clients to whom you’re assigned.
- Assisting with digital file storage and organization.
OUR DESIGN PIRATE WILL ALSO…
- Manage art files for clients to whom you’re assigned.
- Be a good person. We like talented people. We hire talented, awesome people.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment. Be confident in your skills, but able and willing to check your ego at the door.
- Be able to build and maintain positive, productive relationships with clients and the internal Brains on Fire team. We’re in the people business. We believe building positive internal and external relationships makes us better employees, a stronger agency and happier people all around.
- Demonstrate intelligent thinking, strong organizational skills and an eye for detail and accuracy. A designer who invests their talents in creating thoughtful, compelling design that fascinates, inspires, rewards and engages.
- Be self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines. We’re a tight crew with a hefty client load. We can guarantee you’ll never be bored here, but you will need to know how to keep multiple plates spinning at the same time with a smile and a positive attitude.
- Have a good understanding of professional printing practices and standards. Details matter. It’s as simple as that.
- Continue to research, learn, and share new practices for our betterment.
- Know how the web works. Experience in major content management systems is a plus. Also, an understanding of modern front-end web development (HTML5, CSS3, JS).
DUTIES REGARDING DEVELOPMENT & DESIGN OF COMMUNITIES…
- Design fresh, on-brand concepts across numerous digital platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, SnapChat, and more.
- Turn these projects around on a micro-traffic basis- social moves quickly
- Aid in the ideation and implementation of creative assets for Brains on Fire Communities, including but not limited to:
- Any promotional materials needed (swag for surprise & delight)
- Graphics for weekly/ recurring social series (i.e. Sunday Q&A, Weekend Guides, Adventure Fridays, Graphic Quotes, etc.)
- Seasonal skins for Community platforms (Facebook cover photos, Twitter cover photos, etc)
- Infographics, Instagraphics and other one-off nuggets to stoke community engagement (First day of spring graphic, holidays, following milestones (10k followers), birthdays, etc.)
- Participate in weekly, biweekly or monthly (TBD) meetings with Community Team Manager to discuss community trajectories and brainstorm any upcoming creative needs.
Sound like your kind of gig? Apply here. This position is in-house at Brains on Fire’s main office in lovely Greenville, South Carolina, so you must be living local or willing to relocate. We’re looking to turn this around quick, so be prepared for things to move fast.