Are you a super-amazing, humble, talented, cooperative designer? We want you to join our crew!
Hear ye, hear ye. Brains on Fire is on the hunt for a super-amazing, humble, talented, cooperative senior designer to join our team—STAT! The ideal candidate will have at least seven years of agency experience, rockin’ design skills, mobile website and application design skills, interface and experience design abilities and familiar with front-end web development. Must be team-oriented, fun-loving, positive attitude to match.
In this role you’ll be responsible for a range of duties, including…
- Creating designs, logos, illustrations, layouts and storyboards, etc. as needed
- Creating functional website layouts that will work on a variety of desktop and mobile devices
- User Interface design for mobile applications
- Planning and UX for web and mobile applications
- Creating mechanical artwork, to required specs, and coordinate with appropriate vendors as needed (photographers, service bureaus, illustrators, printers, web developers, app developers, etc.)
- Providing specs and input for production estimates
- Preparing comps for client presentations
- Creatively solving marketing/communication problems for clients
- Overseeing and coordinating photo sessions, as needed
- Managing art files for clients to whom you’re assigned
Our ideal design pirate will also…
- Be a good person. We like talented people. We hire talented, awesome people.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment. We’re looking for someone who gets their kicks from being part of a team. You must be confident in your skills, but able and willing to check your ego at the door. Design divas need not apply.
- Be able to build and maintain positive, productive relationships with clients and the internal Brains on Fire team. We’re in the people business. We believe building positive internal and external relationships makes us better employees, a stronger agency and happier people all around.
- Demonstrate intelligent thinking, strong organizational skills and an eye for detail and accuracy. We’re not looking for someone to make “pretty trash.” We’re looking for a designer who invests their talents in creating thoughtful, compelling design that fascinates, inspires, rewards and engages.
- Be self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines. We’re a tight crew with a hefty client load. We can guarantee you’ll never be bored here, but you will need to know how to keep multiple plates spinning at the same time. Bonus points if you can do it with a smile and a positive attitude.
- Have a good understanding of professional printing practices and standards. Details matter. It’s as simple as that.
- Know how the web works. Experience in major content management systems is a plus. Also, an understanding of modern front-end web development (HTML5, CSS3, JS).
Do good design work that doesn’t need excuses. In fact, you need to be quite proud of it. A wise person one said, “design is the silent ambassador of your brand.” We believe it. Do you?
Sound like you? Show us what you’re working with. Send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.